Monday, August 8, 2016

Review: Size 12 and Ready to Rock

Size 12 and Ready to Rock Size 12 and Ready to Rock by Meg Cabot
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love this series from Meg Cabot. It has just the right amount of Comedy and Mystery. Heather Wells was a pop star in the 90's, and is no longer in the music industry. She is now an Assistant Residence Hall Director at New York College, a Private College in New York City. With this job, she has to deal with many troublesome College students, and the situations they get their selves into. She has investigated mysterious deaths in past books of the series, and that doesn't change in this book.

Heather Wells' character is very relatable, I believe, despite her pop star past. In this installment, we learn more about Jordan and Tania's marriage, and Tania's past. In the earlier books, we don't learn much about her except that she is the reason that Heather and Jordan broke up. Also, a reality TV show aspect is introduced which creates an opportunity for more drama as well as more comedy, which is much appreciated. Heather and Cooper are engaged in this novel, not so secretly (despite their wishes). I really appreciate the natural progression of their relationship, and it has a presence in the story, but the novel isn't overwhelmingly focused on their relationship.

I enjoyed the continuing tales of Jordan and his family, as his eccentric sisters are introduced. Also, Magda and her boyfriend Pete do not have such a big presence in this book, but it does not take away from the story. New characters are introduced such as Stephanie, Jared and Lisa Wu. I enjoyed the segment with parallels between Lisa and Heather particularly.

I found no problems with this book to speak of. I enjoy each Meg Cabot book, and I don't necessarily find any faults in them. The pacing was great, the story advanced well, introducing new characters and examining previously established characters more. Adding a backstory to Tania's character added a lot to the central plot, and I enjoyed seeing the different layers of her character. This series keeps getting better, and I can't wait to read the last book, The Bride Who Wore Size 12.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment